How to boost your brain power for a healthy, younger you?
Organize your life, reorganize your brain. The brain continuously make new neural connection throughout your human life. Your brain cells can regenerate itself, adjust to new situation (learning), or new environment. Your brain is like your own superhero – can only go to your rescue if the brain has fuel, nutrients, and the roadmap for a healthy you! This process is called ‘neuroplasticity.’
Why is it important to keep our brain with energy? With the right food, healthy lifestyle choices, and attitude, you can increase neuroplasticity. The brain continually adjusts and reorganizes, and this brain activity promotes brain reorganization.
Practice a particular movement over and over again to help the brain to form and strengthen connections for movement. Timing is important. When an area of the brain does not practice movement, the surrounding area are starved for stimulation and thus, unable to connect, (even if the neutron cells are regenerated).
Five ways to boost brain power:
- Focus on the new exercise. (Turning on Changes)
- Be engaged in practicing exercises. (Strengthen neural connection)
- Learning helps the brain to stable and reduce ‘noise (positive reinforcement)
- Repetition is key. Initial change is temporary (fast brain system 1 and slow brain system 2 negotiation)
- Brain is changed by internal mental rehearsal which will translate naturally to external performance. (Fake it till you believe it)
Brain plasticity is two-way street: negative vs positive change have equal chances.