Call for Papers
You are invited and encouraged to participate in the development of a special issue of
WORK: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment and Rehabilitation (IOS Press)
which will focus exclusively on
Health Interventions in the Work place
Visit the WORK Journal site: http://www.iospress.nl/journal/work/
Researchers, clinicians, scholarship and graduate students are invited to submit manuscripts on topics such as public health interventions, chronic disease/infectious disease screening, and wellness programs instituted in the work place that foster healthy living as a mean to optimize work performance. Interventions can have specific or synergistic effects on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. We encourage research study with an emphasis, but not limited to, such as 1) improving maternal and child health (i.e. life-course perspectives, institutional maternal leave program or workplace day care services), 2) increasing disabilities access (i.e. appropriate infrastructure), 3) managing emergency protocol during infectious disease outbreak, 4) supporting fitness, mental health and/or wellness program (i.e., in-house gym, stress management, yoga practices), and 5) providing healthy food choices (i.e. access to organic food or low-calories meals near or in the workplace).
Manuscripts are encouraged in the following areas:
- evidenced-based on current practices and public health interventions
- cost-effectiveness analysis and health outcomes on these interventions
- facilitators and barriers in the implementation of these programs
- modeling and framework for workplace recommendations
- case studies improved physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
A variety of presentation styles will be accepted:
- Case studies (3-10 double space pages)
- Clinical papers (15-30 double spaced pages)
- Research (15-30 double spaced pages)
All submissions must be in electronic format using Microsoft Word or PDF, in at least 11 point Arial font. Please review the submission for correctness prior to sending it.
Include the following information on the cover page:
- Contact person’s name, phone, fax, email and mail address.
- Title of paper, names and affiliations of all authors.
- A brief abstract, keywords, and date.
Guest editors will offer initial feedback and suggested revisions, with blind peer review to follow.
|Submission deadline:||November 1, 2013|
|Acceptance notification and revised manuscripts returned to author:||April 1, 2014|
|Revised Manuscripts due back to editor:||May 1, 2014|
|Special Issue anticipated publication date:||Early 2015|
Where to Submit: Send submission to Special Issue Editor, Dr. Kee Chan, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and with Subject Line: “WORK Special Issue”